Thanks Vitali, and Trevor. I'll poke them instead ;)

> Firefox is now using sqlite. They use shared-cache mode because they want it
> to work over networked drives and they don't want to pay for the
> latency involved.

The "shared cache mode" in sqlite only changes certain behavior for
threads in the same process.  It's unrelated to external locks, which
work as normal.  It's my understanding that Firefox has done
modifications of their own to disable external locking.

--
The JS Image Collector suite:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/js-image-collector?hl=en

SqliteImporter and SqliteReplicator: Command line utilities for Sqlite
http://www.reddawn.net/~jsprenkl/Sqlite

Cthulhu Bucks!
http://www.cthulhubucks.com