On 12/7/06, Nuno Lucas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 12/7/06, Da Martian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, that does answer one of my questions I think. If I passed something not
> in UTF-8 to sqlite would it return it exactly the same way I passed it in?
> From your statement of chaos below I assume it wont if that data somehow
> violates UTF-8. So I need to get it to UTF-8 or UTF16 before I insert.

SQLite doesn't care much about what you feed it (remember you can also
have BLOB's in fields), so if you feed it invalid UTF-8, it's invalid
UTF-8 you get on return.

This can also be broken if you do things like pass nul-terminated text
with a length of -1.  Anything which is not valid UTF-8 text should
always be stored as BLOB and accessed in blob fashion.  [Note that
ASCII is valid UTF-8.]

-scott