On 14/12/06, Christian Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> http://www.zentus.com/sqlitejdbc

Is locking now handled by NestedVM so that the driver is useable with
native SQLite processes?

Yes, that's why it took me so long. :) I have implemented fcntl()
locking using java.nio.*, which means it requires Java 1.4 for file
locking. Amazingly Java did not support file locking before 1.4 and
when they did implement it they made a terrible mistake, reminiscent
of closing an FD on fcntl() locks.

> I believe it can be greatly reduced from the current ~ 800kb,

Still, it's smaller than Derby. A head to head might be nice.

It can be reduced to ~ 350kb with dynamic interpreter as Joe Wilson
suggested, but this will slow it down further. I will do a speed test
with derby when I am done with some other nagging bugs.