chetana bhargav
<bhargav_chetana-/[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have two seperate triggers like,

CREATE TRIGGER cnt1
  AFTER INSERT
  ON tbl1
  WHEN (new.Id =1 and new.priority > 2 )
BEGIN
  update cnt set Critical = (SELECT Critical from msgs_cnt where
Id=1) + 1 where Id=1;
 end;

CREATE TRIGGER cnt2
  AFTER INSERT
  ON tbl1
  WHEN (new.Id =1 and new.priority < 2 )
BEGIN
  update cnt set Normal = (SELECT Normal from cnt where Id=1) + 1
where Id=1;
 end;

I am trying to combine these two trigs into one using if..else
condition is it possible.

CREATE TRIGGER cnt1
 AFTER INSERT
 ON tbl1
 WHEN new.Id =1
BEGIN
update cnt set Critical = (SELECT Critical from msgs_cnt where Id=1) + 1 where Id=1 and new.priority > 2; update cnt set Normal = (SELECT Normal from cnt where Id=1) + 1 where Id=1 and new.priority < 2;
end;

When i try it its giving me error. I tried the following way

BEGIN
 if( new.priority > 2)
  update cnt set Critical = (SELECT Critical from msgs_cnt where
Id=1) + 1 where Id=1;
else
  update cnt set Normal = (SELECT Normal from cnt where Id=1) + 1
where Id=1;
end;

There is no 'if' statement in SQL.

Igor Tandetnik