Laszlo Elteto wrote:
Nested transactions would solve my problem - but only if it worked across
different connections. As I said there are many transactions from various
clients, they may use multiple connections (eg. on a server). I think nested
transactions would still be for ONE particular connection only...

Laszlo,

SQLite can only have one client holding a write lock on the database, so you can only ever have one client with an open transaction that will modify the database.

You can simulate multiple writers if you funnel their requests through a single connection. This connection can batch its writes based on time as I suggested before.

If you really need multiple writers you should probably look at a different database engine like PostgreSQL.

Dennis Cote