I'm a fairly competent but amateur Delphi programmer and I can construct all
the SQL statements I need.  But I'm having enormous trouble making
sqlite.exe work.

Can some kind person please tell me <exactly> what, right down to the last
dot and semi-colon, I should type in at the sqlite> prompt to open a SQLite3
database called "BaseStation.sqb" located in the same folder as sqlite and
then to get a simple SQL query like "select * from Aircraft" to come up with
some data on screen, or preferably save it to a disk file?  Whatever I try I
get either a syntax error response or one saying that table Aircraft does
not exist.  Which is strange as other programs like SQLiteSpy will quite
happily display all 7000 records in this supposedly non-existent table.  And
yes, I have read the available guidance and done my best to follow it, to no
avail.

I would like to feed instructions into sqlite.exe from my own Delphi program
and then manipulate the result. I've done that before with other command
line programs. I've tried various Delphi sqlite wrappers but they won't
cooperate with me either.  The database is created by a commercial program
and is certainly constructed and manipulated through an accompanying
sqlite3.dll.  I just need to get more detailed data out of it than I can
using the limited analyser built into the program, and it's fairly important
that it all happens with one click of a GO button that can be programmed to
happen automatically in my absence at a certain time - otherwise I'd just
use SQLiteSpy and copy and paste the data it displays.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Hooker
Surrey, England