Richard,

My complaint, if you want to call it that.  Was simply that there are
seemingly artificial constraints on what you can and cant do accross
threads.

If i have a linked list, i can use it across threads if i want to,
provided that i synchronise operations in such a way that the list
does not get corrupted.

Likewise for most other data structures and libraries.  The default
behaviour is that if i create an object on the stack or the heap, i
can use it between multiple threads provided that i synchronise access
to that object.

Sqlite does not follow these rules, as something created in one thread
does not work in another thread regardless of synchronisation and it
is out of my control.

This is not a situation that i would expect anyone to purposefully
design becuase it makes multithreaded programming difficult,
particularly when most things obey the first paradigm (allowing things
to be used across threads).

So i really dont understand why sqlite has this thread behaviour, and
i assume that there is a technical limitation rather than design
decision behind it, though no one has as yet confirmed this...

Emerson

"Emerson Clarke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It seemed to me that making a library which only functioned on a per
> thread basis was something that you would have to do deliberately and
> by design.

I'm still trying to understand what your complaint is.
--
D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>