You are experiencung the ACID feature of Sqlite. To insert faster group your inserts into a single transaction.

Sean Payne wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to the list and to SQLITE.  I am using it as a backend for a
gui program I'm working on.

However, I am measuring a single trivial insert using the C
sqlite3_exec as taking 190-200ms.   I am not interested in bulk
transactions.  Using a prepared insert doesn't seem to reduce the
time very much (to possibly 170ish ms).  Select statements are nice
and fast taking less than 1ms.

So my question is if this ~200ms range for single-inserts to be
expected?   I am using sqlite 3.3.9 (and 3.3.8) on a 2.16 Intel Core
2 duo OSX build.

If this is to be expected, how do you make it more responsive?  I'd
like the user to be able to press a button to get an insert and have
no noticeable delay (maybe 50ms?)

Thanks,

Sean