An example of Sqlite use is in one of our applications ehere we output from Sqlite in XML according to a predefined DTD (HTML is XML defined by a particular DTD). It is achieved by a layer of software which calls the Sqlite library API. The result is structured data which can be fed to foreign applications and interpreted.

I notice that a number of people get confused and see the sqlite3 program as being Sqlite instead of appreciating that Sqlite is a library and API for embedding SQL data access into your application, be it a PC program, a server daemon or an embedded device like a microcontroller implementing an MP3 player, a game console etc.

If you use a Firefox browser you are unwittingly already using Sqlite, for example.

T&B wrote:
Thanks Puneet and John for your input on the virtues of using tools other than the sqlite3 command line tool (and it's .mode html output).

OK, I won't use the .mode html output for HTML creation.

There's a question aside from that issue that I'll repost for clarity.

Thanks,
Tom