On 1/24/07, Jef Driesen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Do I need to use sqlite3_close if the call to sqlite3_open indicated an
error? The documentation for sqlite3_open says "An sqlite3* handle is
returned in *ppDb, even if an error occurs." So I assumed the answer is
yes.

I never do, since if open fails I assumed the handle wasn't valid.
It almost never happens so the consequences of being wrong are pretty small.
Did you look at the source for sqlite_open()?

The PixAddixImage Collector suite:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/pixaddix

SqliteImporter and SqliteReplicator: Command line utilities for Sqlite
http://www.reddawn.net/~jsprenkl/Sqlite

Cthulhu Bucks!
http://www.cthulhubucks.com