Hi Y'all,

Is there a compact way (or is it even possible) to use multiple columns (that I have in my order-by clause) for an operator like > or >=?

I have a database of airports, something like this:

create table airports(
  id integer primary key,
  name varchar not null);

create index table_idx on table(name,id);

Name isn't necessarily unique...I'd like to do something like

select name from airports where (name,id) > ("boston",421) order by name, id limit 100;

In other words, Id like to use my index on the key "name/id" for both the initial start of the query and sorted output.

Thanks!
ben

--
Scenery Home Page: http://scenery.x-plane.com/