[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Everybody seems to assume that the problem is an attack.  I
say that you should never attribute to malice what can be
explained by simple stupidity.
I agree, it is quite probably an unintentional "attack".

So my question is really more like this:  Who will get upset
if www.sqlite.org ceases to function for win98 users?

Well... Win98 users obviously.

You should be able to summarize your logs and determine how many win98 based clients are accessing the site. That should give you an idea of how many users you are likely to upset. I suspect the number is small relative to all the other clients, but you might be surprised.

Dennis Cote