The pseudo-random number generator (PRNG) in SQLite is becoming more
important so it seem good to make sure it is well seeded.

I'd like to be able to seed the random number generator so I can have
repeatable
sequences of random numbers (for testing, etc.). The only really random
numbers
are generated from hardware, and that's problematic. You can't make it cross
platform, or even cross processor, without a lot of switches/if
statements/etc.
Please pick a pseudo algorithm of your choice and give us the ability to
seed it?

On
Unix this is easy - just open /dev/urandom and read out as much
randomness as you need.  But I do not know how to do this on
win32 and wince.  The current implementation seeds the random
number generator on these platforms by grabbing a copy of the
current system time.  See the sqlite3WinRandomSeed() function
in os_win.c for details.  This is not a very good method for
seeding a PRNG.

Can someone with more knowledge of win32 and wince please suggest
a better method for seeding the PRNG on those platforms?

--
D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>