From: "T&B" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Jeff,

I've encountered some functions that apparently aren't supported by SQLite

So have I, such as replacing occurrences of an inner string.

so I've created my own

I've yet to figure out/try that. Is there a library somewhere of prebuilt functions we can add?

Hi Tom,

I'm not aware of any "prebuilt function library".  In my case, I'm
developing my app in Tcl.  There creating and registering new
SQL functions is simple - trivial even.  So, whenever I run into
a non-supported function in the SQL I'm porting, it's quick/easy
to just replace it with one of my own.  The biggest drawback I've
found to the custom functions is the fact that they are (obviously)
not available to any of the 3rd party tools I use to view/browse
my raw database files with.  In that case, the unknown function
calls just generate errors.

[... several suggestions for emulating an INT function...]

Thanks for the suggestions.  You've made some quite inventive
attempts there... ;^)  Since I've already provided my own INT
function, I'm beyond that issue right now.  Ultimately, I should
probably go back and rewrite my queries to use CAST as
DRH mentioned.

Thanks,

Jeff