On 2/1/07, Anderson, James H (IT) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 2/1/07, Anderson, James H (IT) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does the fact that I have received no reply mean that there's no way to
> get this functionality within the CLP?

I don't know what a "CLP" is, but all the core functions are
documented at <http://www.sqlite.org/lang_expr.html>, and
no,
ltrim/rtrim are not in the list, nor is anything that can easily help
cook up ltrim/rtrim functionality afaict. On the other hand, they are
trivial capabilities to add via custom functions and your programming
interface of choice.

CLP = Command Line Processor.

This comes up frequently -- sqlite3, the shell program (the one being
called CLP here), is mistaken for sqlite3, the C library that provides
the db magic. Think of sqlite3, the program as an example program that
demonstrates what sqlite3, the library is capable of. Use your
favorite programming environment to construct your own program to
interact with sqlite3, the library.

Perhaps changing the name of sqlite3, the program to something like
sqlite_shell might help alleviate this confusion.

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation http://www.osgeo.org/education/