I assume that both behaviors, as illustrated below, are by design.

My question is whether there is an easier way to make a copy of a table, including column constraints, than parsing the sql in sqlite_master . I don't mind doing that, since it is not a really big deal in Tcl, but I don't want to overlook something better that's already there.

TIA,

Gerry

$ ./sqlite3
SQLite version 3.3.12
Enter ".help" for instructions
sqlite> create table a(a1 text collate nocase,b text);
sqlite> insert into a values('abc','bcd');
sqlite> create table c as select * from a;
sqlite> select sql from sqlite_master;
CREATE TABLE a(a1 text collate nocase,b text)
CREATE TABLE c(a1 text,b text)
sqlite> pragma table_info(a);
0|a1|text|0||0
1|b|text|0||0