1. When the application first starts up, click on the Servers icon in the
middle of the window.  Alternatively, select Tools | Server | Server Manager.

2. For Server Engine, select SQLite (of course).  If you're still using 2.x, go
to step 4.

3. Select the options tab, put 3 in the first box for Version, then switch back
to the Parameters tab.

4. Put some sort of description in for Server Name.  This is simply for you to
identify the database when looking through the treeview list on the left hand
side.

5. Click the ... button next to Database Filename and browse for your database.
 Note, if the version you specified and the version of the database that you
selected do not match (ex: you put 3 in the options tab and are only using a
2.x database), DBTools will "create" the connection, but you'll never see
anything listed in the server explorer.

6. Click OK.  The server explorer should be refreshed, and under Default
Servers | Default Group, you should see a new node with the Server Name you
specified.  When you expand that you will see a Databases folder, and expanding
that will reveal the a node with the name of your database, assuming all went
correctly.
--
Eric Pankoke
Founder / Lead Developer