I'm trying sqlite3 run on WinXP by console using (1) cygwin bash & (2) bash run on rxvt. I find sqlite3 - interactive does not work well with .help.
With just bash only part of the help printed to the screen; though the second
attempt seemed to provide the complete listing.
With rxvt-bash all the help text appears but only with some difficulty such as
three .help's in succession at the command line to get any result at all.
Another way of obtaining the .help text is to .quit after .help, at which help
test appears.
Other communication from sqlite appears to work, eg .show .schema & select,
though I have not tested it thoroughly. I have not changed the stdout sqlite3
option, which is set to stdout as shown by .show.
Why is it that .help in particular does not work properly?

Using the windows command-line console things appear to work fine.
The rxvt window  is preferable to the Windows command line so it would be
useful to use it reliably if possible. However I see that rxvt does not work
with interactively with a simple program compiled from c, which does a lot
worse than the sqlite3.exe.

It seems that rxvt is capable of working with sqlite3.exe but just with some
remaining problems.

Any way of fixing these issues?
Thank you
David M X Green