"Igor Tandetnik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Artem Yankovskiy <ayankovskiy-/[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I know about DROP TABLE.
> > I have not knew when compatibility DROP TABLE and
> > SELECT...
> >
> > DROP TABLE (select name from sqlite_master where...)
> > did not work.
> > Can I build resembling query?
>
> No. You will have to run the select, store table names in memory, then
> build and run a separate DROP TABLE query for each table name.

Igor is correct - you cannot do that now.  But I have sometimes
wondered if it would be nice to add an exec() function to SQLite
that would recursively invoke its argument as an SQL script.
For example:

   SELECT exec('DELETE FROM ' || quote(name))
     FROM sqlite_master
    WHERE ....;

There would be security implications here, of course.  Clearly
one would need to make sure that user-entered SQL (such as can
be seen at http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/new) does not have access
to the eval() function, just as it does not have access to the
the load_extension() function.

--
D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>