Build fails on Solaris 9/Ultra5/csw tools
   Can't find 'ar' so substitutes and attempts to fun 'false'
   TMP FIX: AR=gar ../configure...

corrupt2 tests fail on Solaris 9/Ultra5/csw tools
    Test file is not actually corrupted (ie altered at all AFAICS)

Not sure how many people (outside of Sun) are using sqlite3 on S9, but I'd fired the box up for something else so I thought I'd give it a go. The first is obviously down to the age and unmaintained status of the autoconf stuff, but the second... :-/

Martin