Jim Crafton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yeah I think you're right. I changed the code to *not* use the bind
functions, and just dump the values directly into the SQL statement (
I think this was a case of me trying to be too clever), and that works
like a charm now.
So I guess the moral of this is to use bind cautiously :)

Realize that you can parameterize both the SET and the WHERE clauses, as in

UPDATE Person
SET LastName=?, FirstName=?, Address=?, Age=?
WHERE LastName=? AND  FirstName=? AND
 Address=? AND  Age=?;

Now you have a query with 8 parameters you can bind independently, to the same or different values.

Igor Tandetnik