Teg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello drh,
>
> You tested under Windows with synchronous=OFF? I mean specifically
> that way. I've never seen Sqlite trash a DB when I had synchronous
> turned on even with app crashes.

An application crash should not corrupt the DB even with
synchronous=OFF.  But with synchronous=OFF, an OS crash or
a power failure might corrupt the DB.  So if you feel like
your os is stable (windows never crashes?) and you have a
UPS or something to prevent untimely power loss, then it
is probably safe to set synchronous=OFF.

--
D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>