Came across a situation where it was impossible to delete or rename a SQLite
db file even after the application (Excel) that had locked the database was
closed. It wasn't me, so I don't have very exact information, but there was
a statement to create a table and to insert data. For some reason this
couldn't be completed and there was a db file and the corresponding journal
file.
I thought that it should be that closing the app that initiated the db
connection should always release the handle to the db and allow deletes of
renames of the file.

If this is not so then should I maybe write the db handle to a safe place,
like an .ini file, so I could use it later to close the db.
Also would there be a way to release this db lock without a reboot of the
PC?

Thanks for any advice.

RBS