Stef Mientki wrote:
I've to translate doublequotes too,
possibly because I'm using double quotes around textfields ??,
Is that wrong ?

Not wrong,but not standard either. The SQL standard uses single quotes for string literals and double quotes for quoted identifiers (names that contain special characters like space etc).

  'string literal'
  "quoted identifier"

SQLite adds a few non-standard extensions to this list for compatibility with other database systems. First it allows back quotes around string literals for MySQL compatiblity

   `extension string literal`

and square brackets around quoted identifiers for MS Access compatibility

  [extension quoted identifier]

Then it allowed double quotes around string literals as long as the literal was not also a column name (in whihc case it is interpreted as a standard quoted identifier.

    "possible string literal or quoted identifier"

If you stick to the standard uses you should be OK. In a standard string literal the only character that needs to be escaped is the single quote. This is done by replacing single quotes in the string with a pair of single quotes.

See also sqlite3_mprintf.
where can I find that (looked in the SQL wiki, but couldn't find it)

Try this web page: http://www.sqlite.org/capi3ref.html#sqlite3_mprintf

Sorry don't know what "parameterized queries" and "binding strings to parametrs" are,
can you give me link where I can find some more information.

Read this web page: http://www.sqlite.org/capi3.html

HTH
Dennis cOte