thanks Igor,
for the fast answer.
(should have found that myself ;-)

But there's a strange thing here I don't understand:
somewhere on the ALTER TABLE documentation it says:
  "to rename or add a new column ..."
My English isn't too well,
but from the rest of the text I don't understand how I can change a columns name.
On the other hand I fear that I can only change the name of the Table.
If the later is true, why isn't possible to change the name of a column
(shouldn't be difficult to implement) ?

cheers,
Stef

Igor Tandetnik wrote:
Stef Mientki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Are there SQL commands to add or change the fields of an existing
table, or should the table completely be rebuild ?

Some limited changes may be done with ALTER TABLE statement:

http://www.sqlite.org/lang_altertable.html

For anything else, you would need to create a new table and migrate data.

Igor Tandetnik

cheers,
Stef Mientki
http://pic.flappie.nl