Samuel R. Neff wrote:
One last set of performance numbers for opening a connection.  :-)

All points on the curve. ;)

So the impact of open/closing connections on a real-world db really is huge.

You're right, that's a huge difference. Good bit of benchmarking there.

These tests with triggers is very different from tests without--are triggers
completely parsed and compiled every time a connection is opened?

I don't know. I'd assume that triggers were part of the "schema" and would be parsed when (or shortly after) a connection is opened.

Martin