Ultimately what I am trying to do is install the ruby wiki, Instiki. In
doing some research I found that rubys sqlite-lib wasn't compatible with
sqlite3. So i removed sqlite3 to get sqlite2. Later to find out that, oh.
sqlite3-ruby library is the one I needed to use. So now I have to figure out
how to get sqlite3 back on.

So far I have been compiling everything myself from source,
ruby,lighttpd,apache, etc.. Except sqlite. I was confused about this .so. As
on sqlites site there is a previous version binary of 2.8.xx. Which was a
binary that executed as expected. Is the solution just to recompile sqlite3
source myself? Any idea where I can find out information about RPM for
centOS?

thanks

On 3/3/07, Nuno Lucas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 3/4/07, aaron smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm somewhatenew to the linux world. I'm running a dedicated CenteOS
box.
> I'm trying to get sqlite3 installed. I've downloaded this binary
> http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-3.3.13.so.gz. gunzip it. I see an
> sql.x.x.x.sofile. What do I do with that? if I try to execute it I get
> s segmentation
> fault.

A .so file is similar to a windows DLL, so you can't execute it, only
use it from your programs.
What you need is either the sqlite binary or the sqlite source and
compile it yourself.

What you are trying to do? Your distribution should already have some
pre-made package you can download to install it. If I'm not mistaken
CentOS uses RPM as it's package manager, and if I remember correctly,
yast uses SQLite internally, so maybe it is already installed?

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas