On 3/9/07, Gunnar Roth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Anderson, James H (IT) schrieb:
> I need to "export" a table to a file in the same format as used by
> .import, but I don't see any such cmd. Am I missing something, or does
> such a cmd just not exist?

Maybe its dumb but its called .dump ;-)

So, that's the third suggestion of .dump.  To recreate the database
from .dump, you simply execute the sql commands within - which is not
what .import does at all!

The inverse of .import would be select!  By this I mean that if you
have a table, you do something like:

  echo "SELECT * FROM TABLE;" | sqlite3 my.db > export.file

to later import that data, at the sqlite3 command-line you'll do
".import export.file TABLE"

-scott