 (
SELECT *
 FROM Patient
 INNER JOIN Opnamen
 ON Patient.PatNr = Opnamen.PatNr
 )
 ON Patient.PatNr = Patient_Text.PatNr
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^
But I get an error on the second use of Patient.PatNr.
Is there a way to get such a nested statement working ??

I'm looking for some construct that can used to generated code
from a visual design, through recursion of the links,
so it must be simple.
Stef,

The subselect produces an unnamed table as its result. If you want to refer to its columns you must drop the table name or add an alias to the subselect and use that name.

   SELECT *
    FROM Patient_Text
    INNER JOIN
    (
   SELECT *
    FROM Patient
    INNER JOIN Opnamen
    ON Patient.PatNr = Opnamen.PatNr
    )
    ON PatNr = Patient_Text.PatNr
SELECT *
    FROM Patient_Text
    INNER JOIN
    (
   SELECT *
    FROM Patient
    INNER JOIN Opnamen
    ON Patient.PatNr = Opnamen.PatNr
    ) AS Pat
    ON Pat.PatNr = Patient_Text.PatNr

It seems to me that you should be able to do this without a subselect though.

   SELECT *
    FROM Patient_Text
    INNER JOIN Patient ON Patient.PatNr = Patient_Text.PatNr
    INNER JOIN Opnamen ON Patient.PatNr = Opnamen.PatNr

The links in your visual tool are just joins between the tables, no need for the subselects.

HTH
Dennis Cote