On 3/26/07, Joe Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--- Alberto Simões <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The tables are related but they are already being created in parallel
> (three tables). I was joining them just because it was easier to move.
> But given the new, erm, big size, I think I'll maintain them split.
>
> Joe Wilson idea of attaching the tables seems cool. I'll give it a try.

If you're creating the 3 databases in parallel, you would be better
off creating 3 connections (each from a seperate thread or process)
to populate them in order to more efficiently use the spare cycles of
the CPU during I/O waits.

Yeah, I am using three different processes in three different machines
(using a Cluster) to populate.

Use ATTACH from one connection after the databases have been populated
to read from all of them.

I'll try that. Thanks.

--
Alberto Simões