I want to express my appreciation for this valuable contribution.

I have taken the liberty of simplifying this source code to three files:
func_ext.c, map.c, and map.h.  Otherwise, all that's needed is the SQLite
source code.   Because config.h doesn't seem to be created in the
configuration process anymore, I have included the HAVE_* #defines at the
top of func_ext.c.  I did a little cleanup and a bug fix on this code.  This
was mainly letting errno flag errors encountered in the math library and
checking the result, rather than pre-checking.  This fixes a bug in power
that would cause an error if any non-positive number was raised to any
power.

Please see http://sqlite.org/contrib, under extension-functions.tgz.   A
README is included.

Liam