On 3/31/07, Alberto Simões <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi

I am trying to sort results from a SELECT using ORDER BY. That column
includes latin1 characters, and SELECT returns the entries with
accented characters at the end of the list.

That is by design. SQLite only knows how to sort ASCII strings.

The problem is that almost every language has it's own idea of how to
sort, and making SQLite know about all this would take the "lite" from
SQLite.

You can create your own COLLATE function and make SQLite use it. Take
a look here:
http://www.sqlite.org/capi3ref.html#sqlite3_create_collation

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas

I am using DBD::SQLite, so I am not sure if I tested correctly the
change of environment variables to see if sqlite reacts to that
changes.

Thanks in advance for any help
Cheers
--