[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
SQLite version 3.3.14 is now available on the SQLite website

   http://www.sqlite.org/

Version 3.3.14 focuses on performance improvements. There have been several changes to the back-end layers (the pager
and the b-tree subsystems) that reduce the amount of disk
I/O.  A new optimization has been added to the INSERT command
which, as a side effect, makes VACUUM work significantly faster
for large databases and helps VACUUM to greatly reduce the
amount of fragmentation in the database. We have also added the concept of "exclusive access mode". In exclusive access mode, SQLite holds onto locks until you close the connection.
This allows for additional I/O reductions and corresponding
performance improvements, at the expense of concurrency.  The
core SQLite sources are now also available as a single huge file of C code (which we call "the amalgamation") rather than as a collection of smaller files.
When all the latest changes are used and the code is
recompiled using the amalgamation with -O3 under gcc 4.1.0,
we are seeing performance improvements on Linux of about 35%
over version 3.3.13. We are very interesting in hearing about performance changes on other compilers and with other operating systems.

Version 3.3.14 incorporates many changes over version 3.3.13.
These changes have been well tested on Linux, but as the
no so much on windows and other systems.  If you find problems,
please report them either on this list or at

  http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktnew

--
D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Richard,

The Borland/CodeGear C/C++ compiler version 5.8.2 (included with BDS 2006) reports an error at line 31251 of the amalgamation file sqlite3.c.

The line in the distributed file is:

   static const Mem nullMem = {{0,}, 0.0, "", 0, MEM_Null, MEM_Null };

To get this to compile I need to remove the first comma:

   static const Mem nullMem = {{0}, 0.0, "", 0, MEM_Null, MEM_Null };

This seems like a real aggregate initializer error. Or possibly, you are using an extension or some newer C variant that accepts this incomplete initializer for the first element.

Dennis Cote