Hi,

> > It might make sense to create a separate standalone utility program
> > (like sqlite3_analyzer) that reuses some the sqlite  source
> to do bulk
> > inserts into a table in a database file as fast a possible with out
> > having to worry about locking or journaling etc.
>
> That would solve my problem too (thread: "CREATE INDEX
> performance" on indexing a 5.8-million record table). I'd
> love something like that!

Having such a utility would solve a lot of my problems regarding getting
data into the DB.  My current application does not allow access to the
data until the DB is populated so (in this case) I don't derive any
benefit from locking, journalling, etc.

Once the DB is populated I find SQLite to more than fast enough.

--
andy