Rollback is a problem with simpler software.

You are basically specifying Sqlite in your requirements, and it does all that wiith a small footprint based on the capability.

You might contact Dr Hipp and enquire about a commercial version of Sqlite which strips out the SQL compiler and uses precompiled SQL.

Raymond Hurst wrote:
I am an extreme newbie at this and I am open to suggestions:

My requirements are:
  Smallest footprint possible
  ACID requirements (transactional rollback a must)
  Be able to create tables with fields that have name/value pairs.
  Not sure what else!

If a dBase derivative meets these requirements I'm all for it and just need to be pointed in the right direction.
Ray

John Stanton wrote:

Why not implement a simple index file system like one of the DBase derivatives? If you have no OS you will find porting something like Sqlite or Berkely DB a challenge. If you are not looking for SQL then you can achieve your goal in maybe 20K of memory.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: