On 4/10/07, Dan Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I checked the code and conflict handling mechanisms (OR ERROR,
OR ABORT, OR REPLACE) do not apply to virtual tables.
<snip>
Something to think about anyhow... Do we want conflict handling
for FTS (and other virtual modules)?

I think OR REPLACE would be really unfortunate to lose, it's a pretty
common idiom (especially using REPLACE in place of INSERT).

Do we really need to have this expressed in the API?  If the virtual
table returned SQLITE_CONSTRAINT from xUpdate(), and guaranteed that
the table was unmodified, then the core should be able to implement
all of the variants.  I can see how expressing it in the API might
allow certain implementations to be more efficient.

Admittedly, that is a pretty subtle thing to do.  I think that for
fts-like virtual tables, it might be reasonable, because there's a
core table which can be used to enforce constraints.  The current fts2
code handling UPDATE would have to be modified somewhat.

-scott