"Ludvig Strigeus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does Sqlite support databases larger than 2GB on FAT filesystems?

SQLite supports large databases just fine.  It is FAT that does
not support large files.

> If not, how hard would it be to add so it uses additional files for the
> pages that don't fit in the first file?

The OS interface in SQLite is modular and interchangable.
If you compile with -DSQLITE_ENABLE_REDEF_IO=1, you can
even interchange the OS interface layer at runtime.

I suggest you write a new OS interface layer specifically
for FAT that allows the SQLite core to open, read, and write
a single file, but which splits the reads and writes across
multiple files where each of the multiple files is less than
2GB.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>