Is it conceivable that the buffer cache is what occupies this undeallocated
memory?
--andy

I performed a simple experiment where i placed printf statements in the
routines sqlite3FreeX and sqlite3MallocRaw. They seem to be the two lowest
level routines in SQLite that allocate and deallocate memory. I redirected
the output to a text file and imported it into Excel (this may have been the
hard way). I then summed all of the numbers expecting the result to be zero.

What I found was that at the end there was over a MB of memory still
allocated.

I can't believe this answer so are there other routines called that
allocate and deallocate memory?

Should I have done this another way?
Ray