Thank you! It work's fine..

Sylko

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stephen Oberholtzer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Montag, 23. April 2007 15:42
An: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Betreff: Re: [sqlite] INSTEAD OF Trigger Question

On 4/23/07, Sylko Zschiedrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i have a question to "instead of triggers" on views.
>
> Following schema:

<snip>
h>
> That's my current implementation. But with this I can't update the View
> to 'null' values because the coalesce statement will return the
> old.values.
>
> How can I handle that?
> Can I "detect" the columns to update?

Actually, you don't need to. the OLD and NEW pseudotables don't
contain just the data affected by the update; it includes the
*complete* row before the update (in OLD) and after the update (in
NEW).

I have attached a sqlite3 script demonstrating this; just run it with

sqlite3 < sqlite-view-update.sql

to see the results.

A final warning: there is a gross inefficiency in the way updates on
views are handled. If your view is big -- i.e. "select count(*) from
myview" reports more than about 100K rows -- your update is going to
take inexplicably long.  I'm pondering a patch for that.

--
-- Stevie-O
Real programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE