"Stephen Oberholtzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What's the best way to submit patches for SQLite?  I looked around on
> the website and didn't find anything relevant; Google wasn't much help
> because all I got were pages for *other* projects that used SQLite to
> maintain their patch databases.

For bug fixes you can attach patches to a ticket.
Write a ticket at

   http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktnew

For an enhancement, you first have to convince me that
the patch (1) does not break anything and (2) is useful
enough to justify whatever effort will be required on
my part to maintain the change for decades into the future.
This is no small hurdle. Assuming you get across the
acceptance gate, you will also need to execute a public
domain dedication of your changes. See

   http://www.sqlite.org/copyright.html

If your patch is really an add-ons for SQLite, then you and
skip the complications above and self-publish in the
contributors section.  See

   http://www.sqlite.org/contrib

Write to me privately for a userid and password that will
enable you to upload.

(drh makes a mental note to improve the formatting of
the contributed code section.  The original table format
seems a bit cluttered...)

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>