I am not sure how to proceed with handling multiple SQL statements. Perhaps someone has some experiences they would be kind enough to share.

I want to store multi-statement SQL to implement an entire transaction in the form -
    BEGIN
     statement
     statement
    COMMIT

I can see that sqlite3_prepare has the capability of stepping through a multi statement string but it looks like each statement becomes a seperate vdbe object so if I had five statements I would have five sqlite3_stmt ptrs and would need to step through them in sequence.

Does anyone know if I see it correctly? Is there some way I have not seen to compile them all into one vdbe object?