Hi all,

I have this view:

CREATE VIEW MY_VIEW AS
SELECT tip AS MYVIEW_TIP, abil AS MYVIEW_ABIL
FROM  table1
     UNION
SELECT tip,'S'
FROM  table2

I have defined columns with declared type 'CHAR' in the original tables

If I use sqlite3_column_decltype to get my declared type I get CHAR for the first column but NULL for the latter, I think because in the last UNION the latter column is a constant 'S', even if it is defined as a table column reference in the first SELECT

If I change my view:
CREATE VIEW MY_VIEW AS
SELECT tip AS MYVIEW_TIP, abil AS MYVIEW_ABIL
FROM  table1
     UNION
SELECT tip,abil
FROM  table2

using sqlite3_column_decltype returns CHAR as I want.

Is it correct that SQLite uses the last UNION to get column type, then I have to prepare a last UNION with all column table reference to get the correct column type?

I have several view from Oracle to convert into SQLite, have I to add a "dummy" final UNION with a WHERE clause that returns no rows to make SQLite works?

Thanks in advanced.
Luca