Try the traditional way and use disk partitions/filesystems.

Joe Wilson wrote:
--- Ron Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is it possible to tell SQLite to limit the size that a database may
grow to? It would be useful for storage constrained applications.

This is a tricky problem.

What would you have the database do if an insert failed upon reaching the limit?

What about the space for the journal files?

You could change the I/O subsystem's seek and write calls to have them
fail upon exceeding a threshold, but I'm not certain if that's useful.