On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 09:57:01 +0100, Matteo Vescovi wrote:
> Hi,
> I am getting weird results when executing a query that
> has this WHERE clause: WHERE word = "word".
>
> The query works fine if I use WHERE word = 'word'.

The WHERE word = "word" is a no-op.  From "SQLite Keywords" section of
http://www.sqlite.org/lang.html:

'keyword'   A keyword in single quotes is interpreted as a literal
            string if it occurs in a context where a string literal is
            allowed, otherwise it is understood as an identifier.

"keyword"   A keyword in double-quotes is interpreted as an identifier
            if it matches a known identifier. Otherwise it is
            interpreted as a string literal.

--
   Tomash Brechko