It seems that  rc = fsync(fd); is failing in function
static int full_fsync(int fd, int fullSync, int dataOnly) in file os_unix.c
{
#else /* if !defined(F_FULLSYNC) */
 if( dataOnly ){
   rc = fdatasync(fd);
 }else{

  rc = fsync(fd);
 }

}

using -DSQLITE_NO_SYNC in the Makefile works
What is the way out for this problem?
What happens if we use this option -DSQLITE_NO_SYNC ?

Thanks
Shilpa