Hello,

I have a couple of questions about the specification of
sqlite3_get_table/sqlite3_free_table.  I'm looking at the online docs at
http://www.sqlite.org/capi3ref.html#sqlite3_get_table

The questions are about when sqlite3_free_table() should be freed.
Specifically:

1)       Is it possible for sqlite3_get_table() to allocate memory when
it fails (i.e., returns an error code)?

2)       Is it safe to pass a NULL value to sqlite3_free_table()?

Right now I'm assuming that it's conservative to always call
sqlite3_free_table() whenever *resultp != NULL.  I'd like to either (a)
call it unconditionally, and know that it's safe when its argument is
NULL, or (b) call it only when sqlite3_get_table succeeds, knowing that
*resultp != NULL is guaranteed in that case.

-- James