On 5/24/07, Joe Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--- Alexander Smondyrev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to use loadable extensions in Sqlite and I've run into the
> following 2 problems:
>
> 1) I've downloaded src for 3.3.17 Sqlite and build it, but the '.load'
> option does not seem to appear when I run the shell. I've used the
default
> build mechanism with one minor change. I set the flag to disable tcl
> extensions. It is likely that I am missing some ./configure option, but
> can't figure out what I need to do. Any advise would be greatly
appreciated.

Comment out the line in Makefile.in (or the generated Makefile) to enable
loadable extensions:

  # TCC += -DSQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION=1

Thanks for the advise. This almost  worked  as is.  I had to add  '-ldl'
when building sqlite3 executable. Otherwise I was getting unidentified
dlopen, dlclose etc error even though I am not building tcl extensions.

Then "./configure && make" as normal.

If you want the FTS1 and FTS2 modules "pre-loaded" in sqlite3, just apply
the attached patch to the latest version of the sqlite source tree, and
"./configure && make". The fts1 and fts2 modules will be statically linked
into sqlite3. No need to load the FTS modules at runtime.

With my new build now succeeding I am still having problems loading shared
libraries that I've described in my original message. For a number of
reasons I would really like to load my modules at run time, rather than
'pre-load' in sqlite3. For starters, I'd like to figure out why the example
with half function which was provided by sqlite team can't be loaded as a
shared library. Am I missing something there? Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Alex