From: John Stanton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 3:56 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Re: CAST

You are looking for a fit to one particular restrictive, proprietary
environment.  Our approach has been to work with the spirit of Sqlite
and to its strengths and to that end we designed out environment
accordingly.  Sqlite's typing has become a major asset, not a
difficulty.

All environments, proprietary or not, are restrictive in one way or another
- including C.  SQLite is flexible and adaptable, and capable of being
wedged into quite a few places -- which is what makes it a great little
engine.

For you that means captializing on SQLite's strengths and using its
typelessness as an asset.  For me, it means bringing SQLite to a mass of
.NET folks (Mono and MS) who would otherwise pass it by.  If that means
kludging a type system together to hide SQLite's typelessness, so be it.
I'd rather blunt the edge than throw the whole knife out.

Robert