I was writing to ask some opinions on how to perform a download of a
live sqlite database.  Basically I have a device, which stores all
manner of data in a sqlite database.  Periodically I want to download
the data to a central server for viewing.  I discussed it with my
colleagues, and they felt that I should just copy the file to the
server.  However I was thinking of having a blank database with
identical schema to the database I am copying.  Then when the download
occurs, I would ATTACH the live database to the blank database, and
query the data from one to the other.  Then I would close the cloned
version and offload that to the server.

The standard questions now follow...
Is this an acceptable way?
Is there a better/best way?