HI all.

Thanks for everyones help the problem is now solved. The memory drive worked
like a bomb. Basically the problem on that server was that the insanely high
IO prevented the OS from caching the file which slowed down the performance.
After installing a mem drive ( using mfs ) and reducing the cache size,
multiple connections are now flying. Im getting insane speeds. SQLite FTW!

Regards.

Werner